When arriving Dubai

Discussion Forums Middle East Airlines Emirates When arriving Dubai

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by ansongeorge62 anson 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Cheni12
    Chenchila
    Participant

Hello there,

I am wondering if Emirates have the same medical check up once you arrive in Dubai like Qatar Airways?

And if you have to declare all the scars on your body?

I have a little cut scar around 2 cm on my left arm, and it makes me anxious.

Thanks 🙂

Hey there,

Emirates do require a medical and grooming check-up on arrival in Dubai but it’s not quite as bad as Qatar!  The general rule of thumb is so long as you haven’t lied on any of your pre-screening questionnaires then you won’t have a problem.  A small scar, which has been declared at the AD will not be a problem during the checkup.  However, it’s important that you declare anything before going to Dubai.

That being said, we do know of candidates who have lied and then covered tattoo’s etc with makeup – and they managed to get away with it.  Although, that’s something we would recommend!

Cheni12
    Chenchila
    Participant

Thank you so much for your prompt reply 🙂

142f
    Celia
    Participant

Do you required to send BMI certificate? I’m so confused on where to get them, been asking few doctors and they said they don’t give out such thing.

‘BMI certificates’ per se don’t exist but you should be able to get a medical doctor to provide a health summary which includes your BMI.  Normally, this is a service that your GP or medical practitioner will require a payment for and it can be personalised with the information/tests that your prospective employer – in this case, Emirates – requires.  In some countries, you can also get a special aeromedical health check and certificate although these can be quite expensive and might not be necessary for Emirates.

I hope this answers your question!

142f
    Celia
    Participant

Thank you for the answer! Will they also weigh you on the OD/AD? Or just check the arm reach test?

ansongeorge62
    anson
    Participant

Yes but only to emirates employee

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.