Can I work with Emirates/Etihad until retirement??

Discussion Forums Middle East Airlines Emirates Can I work with Emirates/Etihad until retirement??

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Sridhar Sridhar 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    glv99
    Anonymous

Hello everybody!
    I really want to become an Emirates or an Etihad flight attendant, however I’ve read that, once you approach 50 years old, they start renewing your contract every 12 months instead of 3 years so that they can fire you as soon as you’re not that fit anymore… I was just wondering what may happen, I mean, let’s suppose that I start working with them when I’m 21/22 years old and I work with them until I’m 50, I become a Purser etc… they would seriously lay me off like that, out of nowhere?

Hi there,

Well, anything could change in the future – we have no idea how employment practices could change in the UAE over the next few decades but if we’re talking about now, then yes, your contract could simply be not renewed.

This is said to be more of an issue at Emirates than at Etihad but employment law does allow contracts to be terminated like this.  However, what I would say is that both of these airlines have so many other opportunities – from being cabin crew, you could go on to do lots of different jobs where contract renewal wouldn’t be such an issue.

glv99
    Anonymous

Hi there,

Well, anything could change in the future – we have no idea how employment practices could change in the UAE over the next few decades but if we’re talking about now, then yes, your contract could simply be not renewed.

This is said to be more of an issue at Emirates than at Etihad but employment law does allow contracts to be terminated like this. However, what I would say is that both of these airlines have so many other opportunities – from being cabin crew, you could go on to do lots of different jobs where contract renewal wouldn’t be such an issue.

Could you please make me some examples of jobs that one could do once they don’t wanna be cabin crew anymore but still stay in the airlines? Are there any jobs in which you’re somehow “advantaged” if you’ve been cabin crew?

Khaledamira
    Khaledamira
    Participant

Hi,every boady
    I Really want to become Emirates flight attendant,however I have Read that,once you approach 50 years old,they start renwenig your contract every 12 months instead of 3 years so that they can fire you as soon as you are not that fit
    any more…I was just.

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Sridhar
    Sridhar
    Participant

I need job  because I’m perfectly suitable this job my height 5.9 my weight 75 so my self confidence I got this job already Im face this intrviews selected but I’m not going because Home financial problem face my semester exms so I’m not going,thank you sir, and madem I see my application and return call me thank u management

Attachments:
    Sridhar
    Sridhar
    Participant

img20190218_17455775

I need job  because I’m perfectly suitable this job my height 5.9 my weight 75 so my self confidence I got this job already Im face this intrviews selected but I’m not going because Home financial problem face my semester exms so I’m not going,thank you sir, and madem I see my application and return call me thank u management

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.